DEB HART – “Faux Turquoise Sea Turtle Box”
When: Saturday June 23, 2018
9:00 – 5:00 (with a break for lunch)
Where: Northminster Presbyterian Church
4324 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92117,
(our guild meeting and Clay Day location, free parking)
Level of Experience: Confident beginners and intermediate and up clayers welcome!
Space is limited to 25 students!
Download the class informational PDF. Please read carefully. You will be emailed further instructions once the entry deadline has passed.
May 20th, 2018
Register now by using this online form. Complete and click the blue SUBMIT button. You will be sent a confirmation email with payment information and links.
Want to take this workshop for free?
Enter the drawing for a ‘scholarship’ for the entire cost of this workshop from the SDPCG Memorial Fund on the online class registration form. You must have paid your 2018 San Diego Polymer Clay Guild dues (you can join and pay your $25 HERE). You are not eligible if you’ve been an award recipient during the last 2 years.
WHAT YOU’LL GET OUT OF THIS WORKSHOP
Workshop fee includes Kato clay and detailed tutorial PDF!
Learn multiple valuable polymer clay techniques while creating a unique Sea Turtle box in this 1-day workshop taught by Deb Hart. Confident beginners and intermediate and up clayers welcome!
Inspired by Native American culture, this Sea Turtle Box project is a creative mixture of sculpting, cane inlay, and faux stone polymer techniques. The box can be used as home decor, or sized and drilled for hanging as a necklace or ornament. In the process of creating your own unique sea turtle box, you will:
• Create a box form using patterns and a “die form” technique
• Learn at least two simple canes to decorate your box. (More canes will be available for those who want to further embellish their turtles – some free and some for sale)
• Mix polymer clay to make faux turquoise and sculpt the turtle’s body
• Apply an antiquing technique to finish the faux turquoise look
To secure your spot in the workshop, a full payment of $130 is required at the time of registration.
• No refunds for cancellations, unless you are able to personally find a replacement to take your spot in the workshop or there is a waiting list.
• If minimum class numbers (10 participants minimum), are not reached, and the class is canceled, your full payment will be refunded.
• If the class is a go, after May 20th, you will receive a materials list and any instructions for the workshop preparation.
Contact Kathy Hepburn (firstname.lastname@example.org)